Monday, July 16, 2012

a walk down memory lane

I have had some great birthdays! While digging through old pictures for our upcoming 10 year reunion (yikes...I feel old!), I found some gems! Having a summer birthday has its perks. There's always something fun, like swimming, for parties! The first picture is my 6th birthday. I remember this one very clearly because my brother, Brian, almost drowned! We were at an aquatic center and he was swimming towards a toy and went too far. Luckily, the lifeguard saved him!! When we got home, I told my dad he drowned (I apparently didn't fully understand the meaning of that word, because of course he was still alive.)
There have been many sleepovers with friends over the years!
 And I can't forget the several years my parents put together mall scavenger hunts
for my sister and friends to do. We had to go around and do funny things
around the mall and capturing the moments with pictures (on film, of course, so we'd quickly
get them developed to see how they turned out! This totally dates me...I'm old!)
On my 16th birthday, I got my first cell phone!
When I came home, I was greeted by a surprise party my parents planned.
It was so much fun...lots of friends, trampoline jumping, & food.
(Not sure why we were holding legs in the picture below??)
On my 21st birthday, some friends and I went to a hotel and had a blast.
That night, we also climbed and went on top of the Savory hotel downtown. 
So much fun, but can't find any of my pictures!


Thank you to all my family and friends who make my special day memorable! I feel so blessed!
Can't wait to see what year 28 brings!

1 comment: