Hello! Hope you all are having a great Monday!
I wanted to share some projects I've done in the past several weeks. I'm constantly thinking of ways to decorate and upgrade our home. This first project was an idea from my mother-in-law. Lane's grandma passed away a year and a half ago and when they were dividing her belongings up, we snagged a white cabinet from their basement. We kept it in our basement and it really had no purpose. Well, when my MIL saw this, she thought it would look great black/distressed and in our kitchen. She is so good at distressing furniture, so she took on that project. I got the hardware and put it on to finish it off.
Really easy project!
Plus, I love that it is a little piece of Lane's grandma.
I don't have a before picture, but here's the after!
Really easy project!
Plus, I love that it is a little piece of Lane's grandma.
I don't have a before picture, but here's the after!
The cabinet helps out with adding more counter space in the kitchen!
I haven't really filled it with much yet, but extra storage is always handy.
The next project was my desk. It was oak and always messy and unorganized.
I so wish we had a room for a office, but instead we just share it with the dining room.
Someday we will have an office!
Anyway, I wanted to make it look fresh and clean, so I decided to paint the desk white.
It took about a week to get it all done with priming, painting, and finishing with a protectant coat.
I love it though! It looks so much cleaner and it looks like a new piece of furniture.
(please excuse the really bad phone pictures....this was pre-iPhone)
VERY messy desk
Oak desk cleaned off, but looking ugly. (notice my helper to the right!)
All primed and ready to paint!
And here's the finished project!!
And this last little new detail I found at Brass Armadillo for $5!
I really love projects and so I think my next project will be finding a
chair for the desk and upholstering it.
Have a great day!






Good job Ang!
ReplyDeleteLove it, Angela! Its amazing what a coat of paint will do.
ReplyDelete