Friday, February 3, 2012

DIY laundry soap

Do you ever get tired of buying expensive laundry soap? I sure do, so when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I decided to try it. Now I am not the type of blogger to do a lot of "how-to" posts, but I thought this was worth sharing if anyone is looking to save some money. It's SO easy and very inexpensive. In fact, it is supposed to last 9-12 months! I think it cost less than $20 for the supplies. And you only use 1-2 Tablespoons for each load, so it will last you a while!

Here's what you need:


1 4 lb 12 oz box Borax (2.15 kg or 76 oz) found in the detergent isle


1 4 lb box Arm & Hammer Baking Soda (1.81 kg) found in the cooking isle


1  box Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda 55 oz (3 lb 7 oz) found in the detergent isle


3 bars of Fels-naptha soap, found in the detergent isle


2 small containers of oxyclean or store brand oxyclean (try to get about 3.5 lbs total (1.58 kg)) found in the detergent isle.


The first step is a little time consuming.
You grate the Fels-Naaptha soap. I didn't have the best
grater, so after the 1st bar, I put the other 2 in my
food processor, which worked fine.

 Then you just mix in the other products...viola! You are done!
 It has worked great so far! My clothes are clean and smell
clean. There isn't a strong smell, but I you could
add fabric softener, if you wanted.

Hope some of you will find this useful.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment