
4 Years Ago (yesterday)...
I met my husband! On March 13, 2006 I met my sweet, sweet husband. Here's our story...
I was back home from UNI completing a teaching practicum at Horizon Elementary, in Johnston. Lane was working for the after school program, called Kids Connection. I had worked there several years before when I was in high school and a little bit in college. While completing my practicum, I decided to stop by the Kids Connection office at the school to visit with my old boss. As I was talking with her, she told me about this guy that would be PERFECT for me. I was thinking "no way" in my head because of course those things never work out. He was just walking into work, so she said she had to introduce us. When he walked in the doors, I immediately noticed his stunning smile and blue eyes! She introduced us and I had butterflies in my stomach!! We got to talking and we both mentioned that we would be traveling to Japan this summer...that really caught my attention because of my heart for missions. Anyway, we went our separate ways and I went home and told my mom that "I met this guy..." but was pretty sure nothing would come from it.
The next day, my boss asked me to come down to her office at the same time Lane was there. This happened several times as an attempt for her to get us to talk. She was determined to hook us up! Well on one of the days, a little girl asked me to babysit and of course I said yes. So she needed my phone number, so I gave it to her. However, she left the number on the desk. I left and went home, but my boss told Lane that "someone left her phone number for you on the desk." He was a little taken back by that because it didn't seem like I was that forward, but he took it anyway. He didn't end up calling me. I continued to have butterflies in my stomach ALL week just thinking about him! I could barely eat anything!
The next week, I was on Spring Break and decided to earn a little bit of money by working at Kids Connection. On the first day, Lane and I ended up in the same group..ironic?! We had fun working together and getting to know each other. At the end of the day, he awkwardly told me "I'm sorry about the whole phone number thing...don't worry, I wasn't going to call you anyway." I was a little surprised! I left a little shocked, but didn't think too much about it.
That night, Lane felt horrible about what he said. He decided to call me and apologize. Well, he did apologize, but we also got to talking for another hour! We had the best conversation...talked about our testimonies, what we wanted to do with life, what our passions are, and so much more! I definitely wanted to know him more...and it ended up that we kept texting and talking on the phone for awhile. We had our first date at Starbucks, but then I headed back to UNI for classes. A couple weekends after our first date, we really wanted to see each other. So we met in Iowa Falls for supper and had a wonderful time. Needless to say, we kept getting to know each other and we got closer...and fell in love. The rest is history!
I love my amazing husband! I am SO thankful that we met in such a unique way! I never would have guessed that I would have met Lane at that time, but God surprised me and blessed me beyond what I deserve!
You are such a sweet and loving wife! You are one lucky gal and he a lucky lad :)
ReplyDeleteHow fun to put your story on here...beautiful story, and beautiful family. :)
ReplyDelete