Monday, January 25, 2010

Unexpected Day


Well, today was supposed to be my first day back at school. However, we got some snow overnight which caused some blizzard conditions, so they cancelled school! I was up and ready around 6 when I got the call for a 2 hour delay, so I just snuggled with Troy for a bit. I was driving to drop of Troy at my mom's house when I got the call for no school today! I know this is our seventh snow day, but I was truly happy to stay home with Troy for another full day. He was so smiley today, which just melts my heart. He's also been pretty sleepy...he's sleeping now!

Over the weekend, I went into my school to plan and get organized. I was SO surprised at how horrible my room looked. If I had my camera, I would have taken a picture. There were posters half-hung on the wall, the board wasn't even erased, stacks of paper everywhere, coffee stains on the tables and my papers for assessments, marker and glue stains, and so much more! I spent a couple hours just cleaning everything! I think it looks better, but I wish I had more time to get organized. Needless to say, I am very disappointed in my sub. We are at least 2 weeks behind in every subject and things are very disorganized. Oh well!

On Saturday morning, I had a falling incident. We all got up in the morning and we were going downstairs to get some cereal. I was holding Troy and Lane was behind me. My legs felt funny, so I was commenting to Lane about that when I slipped and went up in the air and fell straight on my back on the stairs. Ouch..it really hurt! I knocked the wind out of me, so I couldn't breathe or talk for a bit and unfortunately I dropped Troy out of my arms when I fell (he didn't go very far). He was crying for just a minute, but thankfully he didn't have any marks or anything wrong with him. My back ached so much that day...but it does feel better now. I feel so clumsy!
Well, Troy is 2 months old now and doing fabulous. He smiles all the time (which is hard to catch on camera) and is so happy. I will really miss spending time with him during the day, but I know he'll be in good hands and it's just for a short time. Well better go...he's awake! (Oh and I'm not quite sure why the above text is underlined...sorry!)

1 comment:

  1. So happy you got one more day with the little man....bummer about the room. Hopefully they will not have her again! If you need any help, let me know! See you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete