I was so lucky to have 2 date nights this past weekend! One with my hubby
and one with my oldest son.
Friday night, I surprised Lane with planning a date and having no kids for the
whole night! We went to a new favorite restaurant, Flying Mango.
It is so good! If you haven't been there, you should check it out! Yum!
Then we came home, rented a movie, ate dessert and slept the WHOLE night!
It was wonderful and much needed.
Saturday night, I took Troy out on a date! What a fun little guy he is.
He LOVED the one-on-one time.
We went to Jordan Creek and stopped by the fountains on the way in.
Then we went to Build-A-Bear. He got to pick out a stuffed
animal to replace his paci. He was so excited!!
He wanted all of them, but settled on this puppy.
He named him Clifford, since that is his favorite show :)
He loved the whole process.
Then we got a cookie and played in the play area.
I think he felt strange not having Wes around.
He even wanted to buy him something since he was missing out!
Last stop was Barnes and Noble. We read books
and spent the rest of the night playing with trains.
I feel so blessed and loved by these two guys!
Oh and in other news, he is doing GREAT without his paci! Hooray!
This is his 3rd night without it and he doesn't even ask for it. Really, he hasn't even asked
since we explained he wasn't getting it back and that Clifford is what he sleeps with.
I thought it would be MUCH harder since he's been attached to that thing since birth. Praise God!





What a special week! We LOVE Flying Mango too! :)
ReplyDeleteI remember being terrified at the thought of Micah giving up his paci. He was hooked from birth and with him being so strong willed, I figured we'd have an epic battle on our hands. We did a quick wean and then went cold turkey pretty much, and he did GREAT!! I couldn't believe it. I'm glad that your transition was an easy one too!
ReplyDelete