We decided to dye some eggs today! It was a lot of fun...and went a lot fast than I thought!
Look how patient Troy is! :)
Notice the cute finger :)
Decided we had to take off the clothes! It was MESSY! It was so cute though...Troy just wanted to throw the eggs in the cups...even if there was already an egg in it. He had a blast and was sad there were only 10 eggs to color.
Check out those messy hands and legs!
The finished product! (you might see a few cracks!)
He wanted to eat one right away.
Of course we headed to the bath tub to wash off all the dye.
We know the real purpose of Easter is not about eggs or bunnies.
I have been reminded so much lately of our need for the gospel and the saving power of the cross.
Words can't describe my gratitude for Christ and for all He's done for us.
This CD is awesome...I just bought it last week and I play it constantly.
All the songs are filled with God's truth and scripture.
It is truly encouraging.
I also just started reading this book.
We pray that our children will hunger for God and see the power of the gospel.
Last night I was reading and I though this part sums up why we celebrate Easter:
"The gospel is the good news that the Son of God humbled himself, vacated his throne of glory, descended an infinite distance, and became a slave first to his Father and then to fallen men.
Finally, he submitted to death by slow torture on a Roman cross (Phil. 2:5-8).
Why? Love impelled him. He died in our place. He took the judgment that we deserve.
"God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).
As R.C. Sproul so eloquently puts it, Christ came to save us from his own wrath. Put another way, Christ came to save us from himself."
(pg. 49 of Gospel-Powered Parenting)
Have a blessed Easter!


Love the eggs! That had to be fun :) let me know how that book is.. It looks good!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Troy is precious!
ReplyDeleteWe did eggs with Caden too and it was hilarious. Oh, little boys how you steal my heart!
Hope you are well dear!