Monday, January 24, 2011

there's nothing sweeter...

than hearing your baby's heartbeat for the 1st time!!


We are expecting Baby #2 in August!!!! 




We are overjoyed and thankful for this new blessing in our life. I still can't believe it! God is sooo good!


Here are a few answers to some questions you may have:


When is your due date?
August 21st (which means I'm 10 weeks along)


Was this a surprise baby (like Troy was)??
Nope...planned, but happened pretty fast!


How far apart will Troy and Baby #2 be?
21 months (the same as my sister and I!)


Have you had morning sickness?
YES, YES, and YES! More than I thought possible....yuck! In fact, I've felt more nauseous with  this baby than with Troy. I won't give you too many details, but for awhile, I had a super hard time keeping any food or liquids down. I had to get an IV with meds from the hospital just to stay hydrated. Then they put me on some meds....which I took for like a week. Since I am still nursing Troy, I felt bad taking medicine and his bowel movements were super gross, so I knew I shouldn't take it any longer. I am finally feeling better!


How did you find out you were expecting?
Well, on a Wednesday (Dec. 8th), I made some lasagna and it just tasted super weird to me and made me want to gag, which I hadn't felt like that since I was last pregnant. I didn't want to read into this symptom, but I decided I would pick up a pregnancy test just in case. I didn't plan on taking it right away, but that night I just felt weird all night. Anyway, the next morning I decided to just take and see...not expecting to see a positive sign. As you can imagine, I was pretty shocked to see a positive sign!! 


How did you tell Lane?
Well, I didn't want to tell Lane over the phone, but still wanted to tell him right away. So since it was around Christmas time, I wrapped up the test with a note inside of a box and went to Lane's work. He forgot something at home anyway, so it worked out perfectly. He came out to my car and I told him we had an early Christmas present for him. He had NO idea! Of course he was shocked, but super excited!!




Where are you going for check-ups?
I decided to switch from my last OB place to the Midwives with Methodist. I am so impressed by them already. They are so great...so nice, efficient, caring, and I actually feel like I am important to them, more than just a number. Such a contrast from my last place. On December 9th, when I found out, I went to the Midwives to get a blood test to confirm my pregnancy. In fact I had 3 within the week just to see my hcg levels and kind of pinpoint how far along I was. I had no idea. They decided to schedule an ultra sound right before Christmas. However, I was less than 6 weeks long so they could only see a gestational sac and yolk. They wanted to make sure there was a baby in there, so they scheduled another ultra sound 10 days later. (I had no doubts there was a baby...I was so sick at this point that I knew there had to be!) Anyway, we had the ultra sound and everything looked great and I could see our 1 cm baby!! :) (The top picture is the photo from the ultra sound.)


I had my first official baby appt. today! It really makes things seem real! Of course I had to answer a million health questions, get blood drawn, different exams, etc. BUT the best part was hearing baby's heartbeat! It was in the 160's...nice and strong. I wasn't sure if we'd be able to hear it, since I'm only 10 weeks along, but we did! It is such an amazing miracle...


Do you have any cravings?
Well, at first I craved so many fruits and vegetables. I loved eating spinach, sweet potatoes, and almonds. After the nausea kicked in, I didn't care for any healthy thing or really much of anything. Now that I have my appetite back, I don't have any strong cravings, but just need to eat constantly.


Will you find out the sex?
Probably...Lane says he will find out, which I think would be hard for me! Since I'm a planner, it would be nice to know.


Well, I think that's all for now. We are so excited to share the news with everyone!! If you think about it, we would appreciate prayers for our little one. 

7 comments:

  1. that's exciting! we are expecting a little girl in May! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO SO excited for you, Angela! What a blessing!! :) My little boys are 20 months apart and I absolutely love the age difference. I'm glad you're finally feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIPPEE!!! That's so exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post Angela!!! I'm SO excited for you guys!

    I am so glad you are starting to feel better! Praise Jesus :)

    Troy is going to be a great brother! I just hope he's a big brother to a sister :D

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Congrats! Super excited for you guys!!!! I am glad to hear that you are able to eat now...how horrible that must have been....I'll be the first to guess, I think it's going to be a girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela...okay, I admit, I already knew that you were pregnant, but I'm still SOOOO excited for you! We are praying that your nausea will stay away and that your little one will grow big and strong in your belly! ~Libby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Angela & Lane! This is such exciting news! I loved reading through this post; I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete