Anyway, Lane and I have been eating it for awhile, but we've just eaten it plain or with spinach. Tonight, I found a great recipe that I'm going to share. It was SO delicious and SO good for you! Here it is!
Quick Quinoa & Turkey Taco Soup
Ingredients:
*small onion, diced
*8 oz 99% lean ground turkey
*1 medium zucchini, chopped
*1 small sweet pepper, chopped
*1 package of taco seasoning (low sodium)
*15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
*15 oz can of diced tomatoes with chilies
*14 oz can of broth (chicken, beef, or vegetables)
*1 cup quinoa
*1 tbsp lime juice
*Non-stick cooking spray
*Shredded Mexican cheese blend (optional)
1. In a large pot sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, brown the ground turkey and onion over medium heat.
2. Add the zucchini, peppers, and taco seasoning. Stir to coat all the veggies with the seasoning.
3. Add the beans, diced tomatoes, broth and quinoa. Turn up the heat to high and bring to a boil. Then cover and simmer about 20 minutes until quinoa soaks up most of the liquid.
4. Stir in the lime juice and serve. You can sprinkle cheese on top.
Nutrition Facts:
Serves 6 people (1 serving is 1 cup)
Calories per serving: 250
Fat per serving: 4g
Fiber per serving: 7g

ooohh, looks super yummy! I love soup season! :)
ReplyDelete