Troy has officially been 6 months for 3 weeks now, but we just had his well baby check-up today. We actually switched to a new doctor and really loved her. She was great!
I was surprised that he only weighs 20 pounds! I know that sounds like a lot (and it is), but he weighed 18 pounds at his 4 months appt., so I thought he would have gained more weight. That puts him in the 80th percentile. He is a very long boy- 29 inches! That keeps him in the 97th percentile. His head circumference is 17 3/4 inches, which is the 75th percentile.
We have decided to stop vaccinating him. He had his 2 months shots, but none since then. Of course, the doctors don't really agree with this decision, but after at least 4 months of research and much prayer, we feel at peace with not giving him vaccines right now. Will we give them to him later in life? Not sure, but I'm going to continue to research and seek the Lord for wisdom in this decision. Trust me, it was a hard decision when there's pressure from doctors and society to go along with the norm with vaccinating. I didn't know hardly anything about vaccinations and once I started reading about this, I learned SO much...so if you don't know much about this subject, I challenge you to do a little research. A great book that helped me was "The Vaccine Book" by Dr. Sears. It's supposed to be an unbiased look on vaccines and it is very helpful with understanding what the shots are, how they are helpful, what is controversial about the shot, the ingredients, and much more.
Overall, I just love this little guy! He brings me so many smiles! :)
So, Eli was 20 lbs and 29 inches long at TWELVE months. Sounds like Troy is growing very well!
ReplyDelete