Sunday, September 27, 2009

Blessed

I am so blessed! I had a wonderful baby shower in Indianola yesterday...such sweet people came and it was great to see everyone. Boy did I feel showered with love (and gifts)! :) The best part of the shower was that my mom gave a touching devotional. She talked about how life is full of relationships...with our parents, siblings, friends, grandparents, other relatives, husband, and now we're entering into a new relationship with our new little one. Her main point was that God talks a lot about relationships...He's all about them! First, He wants us to have a relationship with Him. She went into the story about Hannah and Samuel and how Hannah wanted a son so badly that she dedicated his life to the Lord when he was born. Isn't it crazy that a new mother would give her child to be raised by someone else at such a young age (even if it was a priest)? That speaks genuine trust in God. We don't hear very much about Hannah after that, but we wonder what Hannah was thinking after she continued life without Samuel in her home. She was probably bathing him in prayer daily and he became a great prophet, highly used by God. One of the greatest privileges we have as mothers is to pray for our children.

Then she played the sweetest song for everyone. It's called "Safe and Sound" by Matthew West. I'm writing down the lyrics below...I just love it and it speaks exactly what my heart feels!

Can't believe you're here now, tiny dream come true,
The answer to a prayer now, I'm so in love with you.
Couldn't wait to meet you, hope you like your name,
I get the funny feeling life will never be the same.

Safe and Sound, you're here with me now--like I hoped you'd be.
Safe and Sound, you're here with me now and that's all I'll ever need.

The world's a scary place here, but baby it's alright
I'll make sure the coast is clear so you can just sleep tight,
But if you're afraid of monsters like everybody is,
I'll be right beside you--closer than a kiss.

Safe and Sound, you're here with me now--like I hoped you'd be
Safe and Sound, you're here with me now and that's all you'll ever need.

Someday I'm going to teach you the reason why we pray
So that heaven's love may reach you every single day...
So, baby close your eyes now and say a prayer with me.
Lord, I lay me down to sleep, but I know I will be:

Safe and Sound, you're here with us now--like I hoped you'd be
Safe and Sound, you're here with us now and that's all we'll ever need.
You're all we'll ever need.

Thanks, Mom!!!

1 comment:

  1. SO glad that I could be a part of your shower! That song made me cry!

    ReplyDelete