I just love Easter. Such a wonderful reason to celebrate...
thank you Jesus for all you did for us on the cross!
I also love all the festivities with Easter.
Troy LOVES dying Easter eggs. I think he dyed each egg 5 times.
At least it lasted 5 times longer!
Very proud of his colorful eggs!
We had a church Easter egg hunt, which consisted of lot of kids
looking for candy...way too much candy! It was still fun, nonetheless.
(Forgot my camera...so no pics)
It was tradition when I was a kid to look for real eggs in the yard,
so this is the 2nd year we've done that with Troy.
Troy saying "Happy Easter!"
Look at my Hostas blooming!
The night before Easter, we made Easter cookies.
These are actually called Empty Tomb Cookies and they go through
the story of Jesus' death and resurrection as you make the cookies.
2 seconds before the sugar spilled :)
Workin' hard!
We taped the oven shut and didn't open it up til morning!
When we ate them, they were hollow/empty in the middle!
We talked about how Jesus was no longer in the tomb and He is Risen!
I know Troy is only 2, but it is still so good to talk to him about this amazing story.
We had a great day. As tradition, we went to Lane's parent's house for the afternoon. I believe there were around 35 of us including all of my family and lots of extended family on Lane's side. We had great food, rode horses, shot guns, rode 4-wheelers, talked, and ate more food! I don't have any pics, but it was so fun. Wesley has been sick with pink eye and an ear infection, but he is slowly on the mend! Today has been his best day yet...also don't have any pictures of the sick little guy.
Hope you had a great Easter!










No comments:
Post a Comment